About Us > Our History
Commercial Banking Company was chartered in 1929 as a state bank in Hahira, Georgia. The Bank quickly earned a reputation as a solid financial institution in the Hahira community.
The Bank expanded into Valdosta, Georgia in 1990 by building a new 16,000 square foot facility located at 3462 North Valdosta Road. The new building provided state of the art banking technology, three drive-thru lanes and a drive-up ATM machine. This new building became the Main Office for the Bank and the Hahira office became a branch of the Bank.
In 1995, Langdale Industries, a prominent and established company in Valdosta, purchased Commercial Banking Company and converted it to a thrift charter. At that time, Commercial Banking Company had approximately $22 million in total assets. Today, the Bank has grown significantly to approximately $216 million in assets and employs approximately 58 banking professionals.
The Bank expanded its footprint in 2000 by opening a new office on Baytree Road to serve the growing retail presence of Remerton and the Mall area as well as Valdosta State University. A new building was built in 2007 to accommodate the growth of this area.
Another new office was opened in Moultrie Georgia further expanding the Bank’s influence. Steady growth in this market required construction of a new building in 2007 on Veteran’s Parkway.
The Investment Centre was established at Commercial Banking Company to satisfy a need for professional process driven financial planning for clients. Services include equities, mutual funds, annuities, life and disability insurance.
In 2012, the Bank expanded into the Tifton Georgia market area establishing a branch office at 729 W. 2nd Street.