Life Stages > Retirement
Protect Your Wealth and Start Paying Yourself
The freedom to live the retirement lifestyle of your choice with more time to spend with your friends and family can make your retirement years truly enjoyable. However, this is not the time to become complacent about your financial initiatives. Stay open to new ideas and opportunities to leverage your money, even if you are satisfied with your products and their performance.
Here are some ways CBC Bank can help you fortify your financial position during your retirement years:
1. Conserve time and money with CBC Bank’s convenient checking accounts with online banking and bill pay and ATM services.
You’ll reduce the time it takes to pay your bills and save on the expense of printed paper checks and postage while helping the environment as well.
- 50 NOW Checking- Unlimited transactions and earn interest on your balance of $1,000.00 or more.
- Personal Money Market-- Earn interest on balances of $2,500.00 or more.
2. Improve funds availability and save time and money with CBC Bank’s convenient direct deposit service.
3. Relieve your family from making difficult decisions.
4. Rent a safe deposit box.
This a convenient place to store important items that would be difficult or impossible to replace. CBC Bank's safe deposit boxes offer privacy and in most cases, greater security. Than keeping your valuables and important documents elsewhere. Additionally, some insurance companies charge lower insurance premiums on valuables kept in a bank's safe deposit box instead of at home.
Tips For Effective Financial Management
- Take advantage of senior discounts wherever you can, and don’t be shy in asking for them.
- Do not invest with someone you don't know. Scams targeted at retirees abound. Your investment opportunities should be carefully researched and verified by reputable professionals.
- Be informed. From your investments to your insurance you’ll want to audit your current portfolio and policies and make the necessary changes to reflect your needs and preferences as a retiree.
- Create a complete and detailed listing of your financial, investment, insurance and trust products and put a copy in your safe deposit box.
- Contact an Investment Professional at The Investment Centre for assistance.
Financial Calculators For The Golden Years
Our calculators can help you determine what you need to achieve your goals and stay on budget.